Know Why Internet of Things is So Important in Healthcare27th May 2019 | admin
Internet of Things has completely changed the face of healthcare by redefining the way how people, devices as well as apps connect & interact with each other in the ecosystem. It is constantly bringing in new tools as well as efficiency in the ecosystem resulting in more integrated healthcare. It promises better patient care, improved treatment outcomes as well as reduced healthcare costs.
Here are some interesting statistics on Internet of Things in the healthcare industry:
- Almost 60 percent of healthcare organizations have already introduced Internet of Things devices into their facilities.
- Around 73 percent of healthcare organizations use Internet of Things for monitoring as well as maintenance.
- The most common use of Internet of Things technology in the healthcare industry is patient monitors (64%), followed by energy meters (56%).
- 80 percent respondents in the healthcare industry cite increased innovation as the main benefit of IoT.
- When asked to identify the future benefits of Internet of Things, 57 percent of respondents chose increased workforce productivity as well as 57 percent chose saved costs.
- Around 87% of healthcare organizations plan to implement IoT technology by 2019.